[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 14:14:42 UTC 2019

Hi Pete,

> > > Everyone should just learn ed(1).  :-)
> >
> > ed? They should learn how to edit a text file using assembly
>
> Never mind Ed Vi Assemblers yes all very fancyfull

My ed suggestion wasn't a joke.  It's probably the smallest editor to
install.  It has a long pedigree, it's in POSIX, and many know parts of
it simply through knowing sed or vi.  I use it every day for quick small
edits, especially when the context of what I want to do is on the screen
and would be lost by starting a full-screen editor.

> joe  far easier  wordstar commands

Few know the non-Unix Wordstar now.

--
Cheers, Ralph.