[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Nero Claudius Drusus germanicus1982 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 01:00:26 UTC 2019

I've been following this discussion and can't see what the actual problem
is. I've installed a new system since the change and the installation doc's
have been updated appropriately. It still works. If you want extra packages
then add them, this, in my opinion, is what Arch is designed to do. I'm not
seeing why extra packages need to be installed based upon personal
preference.