[arch-general] Package guidelines 📦

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Mon Oct 14 21:13:15 UTC 2019

On 10/14/19 3:59 PM, Alberto Salvia Novella via arch-general wrote:
> Video-reply <https://youtu.be/a_CNx63kLxk>

For someone who "can handle disagreement" like you claim in your video,
you sure are protesting quite a bit over it.

I also have a hard time someone is really extending a hand in good faith
with respectful, mutual discourse and productive discussion when they:

- Immediately block anyone who disagrees with them like you did three
times now at least.

- Hide like/dislike count on your videos.

- Disable comments on your videos.

It tells me you're not interested in people actually responding to your
thoughts in an intellectually honest way. I can handle disagreement too,
but I don't have time for people whose approach to criticism,
constructive or no, is intellectual dishonesty.

You're not asking for respect, you're asking for people to just accept
what you say. That's not the same thing. Respect means you can take
disagreement without blocking them or posting a Youtube video that's one
half boring and one half petulant whining about your treatment.

Yaro