[arch-general] Package guidelines 📦

fabian.piribauer at gmail.com fabian.piribauer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:23:09 UTC 2019

> On 2019-10-14 17:22, Doug Newgard via arch-general wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 17:17:09 +0200
> > Alberto Salvia Novella via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Robin Broda:
> >> abrasiveness = blockage
> >>
> > LOL, blocking a TU who's making valid points.
> >
> > This thread was going nowhere in the first place, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Indeed, this thread will go no where. Note that this guy has already
been banned from the forums because he has pulled similiar stunts there
aswell [1].

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 01:25:49PM +0200, Emil Lundberg via arch-general wrote:
> Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it seems appropriate for a TU to
> respond like that to a member of the community. It's certainly doesn't
> make for a welcoming atmosphere. Even though Arch is not for everyone,
> there's no need to actively drive people away by being rude. I also
> don't think authority is a good excuse for being rude - quite the
> opposite, in fact.

It's debetable if calling a idea stupid is rude, but just cutting off
all communication because you feel offended is not the way to go. If he
really wanted to improve things, he should have noted the tone as side
note after adressing the mentoined issues with his proposal.

[1]: https://bbs.archlinux.org/profile.php?id=113614