[arch-general] [ Pacman -Syu ] Creating temporary files..., error: command failed to execute correctly

Xianwen Chen (陈贤文) xianwen.chen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 22:27:39 UTC 2019

Dear Eli,

Thank you.

I wrote a regulation expression, which extracts file name and path from
the output of paccheck:

$ sudo paccheck --file-properties --quiet | grep -Po "(?<=\').*(?=\')" |
sudo pacrepairfile --uid --gid --mode --mtime

However, somehow pacrepairfile was not working.

For example,

$ sudo pacrepairfile --uid --gid --mode --mtime
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/colord.conf

outputs

     /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/colord.conf: set uid to 0
     /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/colord.conf: set gid to 0
     warning: /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/colord.conf: unable to set permissions
(Operation not supported)
     /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/colord.conf: set modification time to 1555511829

What happened with pacrepairfile?

Yours sincerely,

Xianwen