[arch-general] [ Pacman -Syu ] Creating temporary files..., error: command failed to execute correctly

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 8 20:53:34 UTC 2019

On 9/8/19 4:40 PM, Xianwen Chen (陈贤文) via arch-general wrote:
> Dear Eli,
>
> Thank you!
>
> Is there a way to ask paccheck to list only files that need to be fixed?
>
> For example, if I run
>
>     sudo paccheck --file-properties --quiet
>
> I get list of files with package information and error information, such as
>
>     screen: '/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/screen.conf' permission mismatch
> (expected 644)
>
> Or maybe I need to write a regular expression to extract file name and
> path from such an output myself?
No, paccheck does not have an option to do this. You could try
submitting a feature request for it. :)

You can extract everything between the '' though, which I think should
handle any filenames since packaged filenames can contain spaces or
single quotes but not newlines, and the paccheck output doesn't contain
any more single quotes after the quoted filename.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User