[arch-general] Hibernation Failure

Paul Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:14:37 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 17:37, Markus Schaaf via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> What I have found: It is unlikely that hibernation is the cause to the
> problem I have encountered. It is just the trigger. Somehow dm-integrity
> or dm-crypt manages to fuck up it's on-disk meta-data. (Meanwhile the
> same happened to my work desktop, which had a similar setup, after
> suspend to RAM.) After I had determined the exact encryption algorithm
> and layout of my data, I was able to not only read all of it, but the
> on-disk integrity-tags matched 100%. Every single sector.

That's very interesting, and well done for figuring it out and saving
the system. Strangely, my problem just went away: my laptop's been
hibernating fine since about a week after I started the thread. I put
it down to a kernel update. That being said, I don't hibernate
regularly, so maybe I've just been lucky :p

Paul