[arch-general] Hibernation Failure

Markus Schaaf markuschaaf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:00:59 UTC 2020

Am 23.04.20 um 10:14 schrieb Paul Dann via arch-general:

> it down to a kernel update. That being said, I don't hibernate
> regularly, so maybe I've just been lucky :p

Probably. I needed to read some of the code and it hasn't changed lately
AFAIK. My guess is that the problem has something to do with the
integrity journal. I had it disabled, but it's read on cryptsetup open
anyway. After all I didn't like the (inflexible) data layout (which
leads to write amplification), and the journal (and perhaps some of the
code) of dm-integrity, so I've formatted all disks back to aes-xts. :-)

And remember to print your backup keys on paper.

BR