[arch-general] NFS "updates"?

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Apr 27 14:51:22 UTC 2020

All,

we have a group of Arch desktop clients that mount their user homes and
group shares through nfsv3 over udp from an OmniOS server.

After today's update (the last one was on 9 Mar) the machine will not
nfs-mount, complaining about illegal udp, grpid, int mount options, and
the kernel spits out a

NFSV4: Unsupported transport protocol udp

although nothing on this installation anywhere ever has used nfsv4
until now, and /etc/default/autofs explicitly specifies nfsv3. Editing
/etc/nfsmount.conf (which was in default state until now) accordingly
did not make a difference.

I couldn't find any nfs related Arch news items.

What did I miss?

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email             Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344