[arch-general] NFS "updates"?

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 11:44:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 12:39, Hauke Fath <hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 19:25:59 +0100, Leonidas Spyropoulos via
>
> The interesting question is whether Linux distributions (Arch) should
> import this kernel change uncritically, and dump it on their
> unsuspecting users, without so much as a warning.

I do not think it is incumbent upon Arch to validate upstream changes to
packages. We're bleeding edge for a reason.

While it is relatively trivial to compile your own kernel with those
options enabled using Arch's build system, I think you'd better talk to the
actual people that made the change upstream.