[arch-general] NFS "updates"?

Markus Schaaf markuschaaf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:12:57 UTC 2020

Am 29.04.20 um 13:44 schrieb Andy Pieters:

> While it is relatively trivial to compile your own kernel with those
> options enabled using Arch's build system, I think you'd better talk to the
> actual people that made the change upstream.

This change might have slipped through unnoticed. It seems idiotic:
_Add_ code to the kernel, to break users systems, with no benefit
whatsoever. It's clearly against Linus' agenda to not break userland.
But to tell the users to discuss this upstream is bad advice. This is a
situation where a distribution should take corrective action by
reverting this configuration. This would add value and remove some
useless code from the kernel.

BR