[arch-general] Telinit?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Aug 17 16:08:36 UTC 2020

On 8/17/20 12:01 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general wrote:
> systemctl rescue

Thanks!

> But this begs the question, why are you doing this before running pacman?

???  I always shut down all running daemons when I'm about to update my
system - seems like standard operating procedure to me:  1) I'd expect
that it would be completely unpredictable what would happen if you
updated/replaced an application's files while it was running, 2) there's
often config file changes that occur; again, I don't want to try to
update or resolve those while an application is running.

DR