[arch-general] Does PAM 1.4.0 require rebuilding all application / modules using libpam?

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:27:40 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have few packages (eg. pam_geoip, pam_abl) in custom repo which use
libpam.

Can someone clarify if PAM upgrade to 1.4.0 would require those packages
to be rebuilt?

I have few systems using those PAM modules and if those modules break
after updating and rebooting then I will lose access to the system.

And I do not want to end up in that situation.

Since I haven't seen mass-rebuilt of other modules (like pam-krb5,
pam_mount etc.), I think rebuild is not required. But would still like
if some developer can confirm before I upgrade.

Thank you,

Amish.