[arch-general] efibootmgr doesn't change boot order!

Peter K Haokip khaithang39 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:12:17 UTC 2020

thanks for the reply,
I am able to change the boot order from the BIOS menu.  It works A-okay
from there, I am trying to accomplish that with efibootmgr.

could you cite any link where I could read about it in details ? where the
bootx64.efi file will be stored if I install it in NOT IN PORTABLE
mode(?)?  cuz that would help me know whether the grub is installed in
portable or none portable mode.

Also, would be nice if you could provide  any source where I can read about
how I make my motherboard detect regular boot entries (instead of the
/Efi/boot/bootx64.efi)

thanks,