[arch-general] btrfs kernel incompatibility?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Feb 7 04:02:20 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:03 PM Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> There is a gotcha moving Btrfs between different archs. "Btrfs sector
> size", which is an internal Btrfs thing, not a reference to either
> logical or physical sector size of the device, must be the same as
> page size. Page size is 4KiB on x86 and I'm pretty sure it's 16KiB on
> ARM.
>
> So I wonder if you've run into an arch mixing problem (or bug).

OK I pulled my Pi Zero out, which also uses Btrfs, and 4.19.75 kernel.
The Btrfs sector size is 4096. Same as on x86_64.

So now I'm back to something stepping on the end of the drives, that
munged the backup GPT, and possibly munged Btrfs too.

Has either device been mounted degraded since the successful scrub?

--
Chris Murphy