[arch-general] A few out of date packages

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Feb 12 12:13:02 UTC 2020

On 2/12/20 3:27 AM, Jelle van der Waa wrote:

> Be aware that packagers might be busy, have limited time or various
> rebuilds need to happen. For samba for example there is an updated
> version in [testing]. For libelf, a rebuild is required which might make
> sense to wait until binutils has support for debuginfod so we don't have
> to rebuild it twice. [1]
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65406

Thanks for the comments Jelle

For libelf - very valid - and it's also not much out of date either.

The version of samba in testing is 4.11.2 and it has been there since
last November and is now also behind current version (4.11.6).

Understand folks being busy for sure. In case of samba and refind-efi
perhaps the packager could use some additional help?

thanks again!

gene