[arch-general] A few out of date packages

nl6720 nl6720 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:09:56 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 14:13:02 EET Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:
> On 2/12/20 3:27 AM, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> > Be aware that packagers might be busy, have limited time or various
> > rebuilds need to happen. For samba for example there is an updated
> > version in [testing]. For libelf, a rebuild is required which might make
> > sense to wait until binutils has support for debuginfod so we don't have
> > to rebuild it twice. [1]
> >
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65406
>
> Thanks for the comments Jelle
>
> For libelf - very valid - and it's also not much out of date either.
>
> The version of samba in testing is 4.11.2 and it has been there since
> last November and is now also behind current version (4.11.6).
>
> Understand folks being busy for sure. In case of samba and refind-efi
> perhaps the packager could use some additional help?
>
> thanks again!
>
> gene

The issue with rEFInd is that after it merged zstd support for the Btrfs
driver, it doesn't build with TianoCore EDK2 libs (it works with GNU-EFI
libs). Unfortunately the rEFInd developer cannot reproduce the issue.
See https://sourceforge.net/p/refind/discussion/general/thread/0317e2e8/#6c20/f575/cecb