[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Potential removal of Chromium in ~2 months

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Thu Feb 27 21:18:41 UTC 2020

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020, 1:24 pm Geo Kozey via arch-general, <
arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:50 AM, Evangelos Foutras via
> arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Just a quick heads up that I am considering dropping Chromium from
> > [extra] a week or two before the Chromium 82 stable release (~April 28).
> > The reason for this is that our

So will this make Arch Linux a major distribution without official support
for the juggernaut of browsers?

I don't fully understand the issue with the Api but I can't imagine that it
is an unsolvable problem.

Surely these problems are not unique to Arch. Can we look at how other
distros solve this and adopt it?

Cheers

Andy