[arch-general] systemd-zram generator

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 12:31:06 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,

> I consider your response:
> 1. Disrespectful to me.

I agree.

> Is this sort response representative of the Arch Linux community?

A minority seem to think OpenBSD's, perhaps inaccurate, reputation is a
target.

> Relative newcomers, and first time posters, should expect this kind of
> hostility? I think it's embarrassing.

The majority of us think that one can write a polite reply yet still be
just terse enough, emphatic where necessary, and forceful if required.
Or just helpful and point the OP at material to study before returning
for more assistance.

Your approach didn't deserve that tone of reply.  AFAICS, Neven Sajko
doesn't hold any official role within Arch Linux.  He, like me, writes
on this mailing list, opens bugs, etc.  So give the rest of us a chance.
:-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.