[arch-general] Permissions Problem possibly

pete pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:15:00 UTC 2020

Afternoon all

Having a whole hoard of issues  that seem like they MAY be permissions related .

Is there a hard and fast set of permission attributes that can be set as a
default  for a user   at them moment everything in my user is set name users
with the bulk of the permissions set  -rw-r--r--   or   drwxr-xr-x for a
directory  i know a lot of you use the numeric system  i am not sure of it

I get problems such as  system settings do not stick    libreofice complains
about backup files   some things work some play up or fail  completely
Kaffeine for one just bombs out  i believe this is a permissions thing  but
cant find any usefull info as to exactly what should be what  if you follow    .

A litte assistance would be very useful as i do not fancy doing a reinstall i
have too much stuff to reinstall

Thanks

Pete