[arch-general] Permissions Problem possibly

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:23:06 UTC 2020

Op ma 6 jul. 2020 13:15 schreef pete via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> Afternoon all
>
> Having a whole hoard of issues  that seem like they MAY be permissions
> related .
>

> Is there a hard and fast set of permission attributes that can be set as a
> default  for a user   at them moment everything in my user is set name
> users
> with the bulk of the permissions set  -rw-r--r--   or   drwxr-xr-x for a
> directory  i know a lot of you use the numeric system  i am not sure of it

[...]

Reinstalling probably wouldn't make a difference here, so let's try to
focus.

When you say "everything in my user", do you mean your users home directory?

Mortal users usually can't write outside $HOME (with exceptions like /tmp
etc), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can you post the output of:
$ id
$ ls -l $HOME

(Where "$ " stands for the user prompt, not to be typed in)

mvg, Guus Snijders