[arch-general] My font rendering has changed

Riccardo Paolo Bestetti riccardo.kyogre at live.it
Thu Jul 16 08:02:23 UTC 2020

Since a few days ago, font rendering inside my desktop environment (SwayWM) seems to have changed.

E.g. title bars are now rendered using a generic monospaced font instead of the usual one, and Termite does not seem to be able to load the Fira Code font and falls back to its default font. bemenu is also rendering differently and with a different font.

I cannot find anything obvious in /var/log/pacman.log. I.e. I have done a full system upgrade lately but it doesn't seem to include anything that could have obviously caused this.

Has anyone had anything similar? Where could I look to debug the issue?

Best regards,
Riccardo Paolo Bestetti