[arch-general] Question about packaging a library (AUR)

Aneesh Raghavan aneesraghavan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:16:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 8:25 AM Dominik Schrempf via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I tried to provide the videosection library in /usr/lib, but that doesn't work.
> I don't feel comfortable providing the library in /usr/bin. Do you know an
> appropriate way to deal with such cases? Is it preferable to install the
> executable in a separate folder alongside the library? For example,
> /opt/transcribe?

Hello,
Although I don't know much about this package and it's libraries, I
believe an ideal way to put the libraries together is to have
transcribe in a seperate folder with all of the libraries, while there
are symlinks in /usr/bin and /usr/lib to the libraries.I hope this
helps
-Aneesh