[arch-general] Arch should be apolitical

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Tue Jun 2 00:22:50 UTC 2020

On 6/1/20 6:43 PM, Ricardo Band wrote:
> On June 1, 2020 11:18:50 PM UTC, Amir Fletcher via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Recently, the Arch reddit logo was changed to a rainbow. This is for "pride month". It is forcing a political view on all of the users who did not ask for this.
> I'm sorry but why do you care about the damn logo? And since when has the sexual identity anything to do with politics?
> It's a rainbow, not a swastika.

Agreed.

It's not like people are forced to use the logo to use Arch Linux. If
you don't like it, then just don't sit around staring at it.

Also, in the sort of places that would cause serious harm for someone to
support LGBT+ rights Arch already has a number of packages that they
would already not want people to use. Just saying.

Yaro