[arch-general] community/NUT access cgi in /usr/share/nut/cgi without FollowSymLinks?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:24:37 UTC 2020

All / Maxime,

  With the nut build option setting:

    --with-cgipath=/usr/share/nut/cgi \

when using apache with the default /srv/http/cgi-bin location, how are you
supposed to access the cgi files in /usr/share/nut/cgi "Safely"?

  I have the entire /usr/share/nut/html directory protected by a dbm database
file manipulated with dbmmanage, so to reach the <Directory> you must
authenticate. That said, the only way I can make the cgi scripts work is by
setting Options FollowSymLinks in the <Directory> for "/srv/http/cgi-bin"
after symlinking (e.g. ln -s /usr/share/nut/cgi /srv/http/cgi-bin/nut)

  Is this safe? Is this intended way to provide access to the cgi scripts?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.