[arch-general] Issue certificate

Iyán Méndez Veiga me at iyanmv.com
Fri Jun 19 10:04:17 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I've been trying to debug an issue with a personal certificate. At first I
thought it was a Kmail/Kleopatra bug because after some updates of KDE
Applications back in January I stopped being able to sign emails with it.

But lately, after trying in KDE Neon and also in a fresh installation of
archlinux in a VM, it seems to work there but not in my old installation.

I have carefully checked old configurations (I don't have any .pacnew) and
still not working.

I have already wrote a detailed explanation in the forum so I will not copy
paste here. Here is the link:

Shortly, this is what I can do in both installations and the result is
different although both are Archlinux and up-to-date.

rm -r .gnupg
gpgsm --import my_certificate.p12

* Open Kleopatra -> Asks to trust root certificate -> Say yes and verify
fingerprint of Root CA

*Trust level in Kleopatra says "full" in VM and "invalid" in my desktop.

*Kmail can sign emails in VM and it fails with the following error in my
desktop.

"Sending message failed. Could not compose message: Address family not
supported by protocol."

Any ideas what other packages can interfere with my certificate? In the
comments it was mentioned gnutl, p11-kit and ca-certificates* but I have same
pacakges installed in both systems (except lib32-* packages in the VM).

Thanks,
Iyán