[arch-general] Problem with reflector

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 8 05:21:31 UTC 2020

On 3/7/20 11:53 PM, Yaro Kasear wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply. If I put this in a bash script, will it reset once
>> the script is done running?
>>
> I suspect it will if you drop the 'export' directive and just set PATH
> without it.
>
> I'd strongly recommend testing it until it works for you.

But the "PATH" environment variable already has the export attribute on
it, so it is exported either way.

Furthermore, I'm bewildered w.r.t. what is the question/goal here? If
you set some variable in a script, it will never modify the environment
of the *parent process*, only the script itself, and child processes
started by the script.

Have I completely misunderstood the question?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User