[arch-general] Teo En Ming's Linux From Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd Bootable Live CD/DVD Kernel Panic

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming.com
Tue Mar 17 23:48:24 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-18 00:34, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
> On 3/17/20 12:16 PM, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via arch-general
> wrote:
>> Subject: Teo En Ming's Linux From Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd
>> Bootable Live CD/DVD Kernel Panic
>>
>> Good day from Singapore to all Linux users,
>>
>> Recently, on 12 March 2020, I have successfully created my own custom
>> Linux distribution which I affectionately call it Teo En Ming Linux.
>> My custom Linux distribution is based on the most basic Linux From
>> Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd book and Linux kernel 5.5.7. I am able
>> boot it successfully on
>> my Toshiba 1 TB 3.5 inch SATA internal harddisk /dev/sdb2.
>>
>> After the initial success, I wanted to make a bootable Live CD/DVD of
>> my
>> Linux From Scratch system. I followed Jimmy Anderson's guide (which
>> was
>> written more
>> than 7 years ago on 20 Jan 2013) and modified his guide in trying to
>> make it work with LFS 20200302-systemd book.
>>
>> You may refer to the following guides on how I created a bootable Live
>> CD/DVD of my Linux From Scratch system.
>
> If you are building your own distro based on the LFS handbook, then
> this
> doesn't have anything to do with the independent archlinux.org
> distribution. We have our own distribution building process and don't
> know how the LFS mechanism works.
>
> This is not the correct place to seek help, in other words. The LFS
> community has their own mailing list for this, and I see that you have
> already posted there:
>
> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2020-March/053535.html
>
> Please have patience and wait for an answer from the LFS community,
> rather than asking LFS questions to the Arch Linux community.

Noted with thanks.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug
2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----