[arch-general] Teo En Ming's Linux From Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd Bootable Live CD/DVD Kernel Panic

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 17 16:34:35 UTC 2020

On 3/17/20 12:16 PM, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via arch-general wrote:
> Subject: Teo En Ming's Linux From Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd
> Bootable Live CD/DVD Kernel Panic
>
> Good day from Singapore to all Linux users,
>
> Recently, on 12 March 2020, I have successfully created my own custom
> Linux distribution which I affectionately call it Teo En Ming Linux.
> My custom Linux distribution is based on the most basic Linux From
> Scratch (LFS) 20200302-systemd book and Linux kernel 5.5.7. I am able to
> boot it successfully on
> my Toshiba 1 TB 3.5 inch SATA internal harddisk /dev/sdb2.
>
> After the initial success, I wanted to make a bootable Live CD/DVD of my
> Linux From Scratch system. I followed Jimmy Anderson's guide (which was
> written more
> than 7 years ago on 20 Jan 2013) and modified his guide in trying to
> make it work with LFS 20200302-systemd book.
>
> You may refer to the following guides on how I created a bootable Live
> CD/DVD of my Linux From Scratch system.

If you are building your own distro based on the LFS handbook, then this
doesn't have anything to do with the independent archlinux.org
distribution. We have our own distribution building process and don't
know how the LFS mechanism works.

This is not the correct place to seek help, in other words. The LFS
community has their own mailing list for this, and I see that you have
already posted there:

http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2020-March/053535.html

Please have patience and wait for an answer from the LFS community,
rather than asking LFS questions to the Arch Linux community.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User