[arch-general] Problems with files creation / copy with Samba 4.12.x and SMB1 only device.

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:49:02 UTC 2020

Hello.

Before all, thanks to David C. Radkin for the tweak related to SMB1
activation.

After installing Samba 4.12.x, I added only this in [global] section of
/etc/samba/smb.conf to get access to one of my old SMB1 only network based
HDD:

server min protocol = CORE
client min protocol = CORE

After a reboot, I got access to my share, but every single time I want to
copy / create a new file, a folder is created!

Of course, I cannot delete this folder.

Here is an error log I had in /var/log/everything.log:

Mar 31 23:28:40 fredo-arch-mate gvfsd[1096]: Kerberos auth with
'fred at WORKGROUP' (WORKGROUP\fred) to access '192.168.1.254' not possible

Any idea? Thanks!

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies at gmail.com