[arch-general] arch monthly brocken

Zorro hz0885 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:16:10 UTC 2020

On 5/5/20 9:22 PM, Zero wrote:
> On 5/5/20 7:34 PM, ProgAndy wrote:
>> Am 05.05.20 um 19:28 schrieb Zero via arch-general:
>>> Haven't had pacman updates for at least a month.
>>>
>>> I usually do once a week a pacman -Syu but no updates at all for at
>>> least a month.
>> If you use a normal mirror and not the monthly archive the original
>> question was about, then your mirror may have stopped updating for some
>> reason or another. Choose another one.
>>
>> https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mirrors#Sorting_mirrors
>
> I think pacman uses the Arch mirrorlist in the /etc/pacman.d directory.
>
> I have the first 3 (Worldwide) activated and the 24 mirrors in my
> country (Netherlands) activated.
>
> According to the www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status page of the pacman
> Worldwide mirrors mirror.rackspace.com is syncing though seems out of
> sync.
>
> ~Harm-Jan

Hmmm thinking about this I moved the first Worldwide mirror
mirrors.evowise.com, which is out of sync, 2 positions down so that
mirror.rackspace.com is the first.

Trying again pacman -Syu I do now get a month of updates waiting to be
installed.

Good to know that a out of sync mirror can inhibit updates !

~Harm-Jan