[arch-general] postgres 12

ente ente at ck76.de
Fri Nov 13 09:36:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

since the upgrade of postgress from 11.9 to 12.5 I am having issues
starting up using the systemd service file.

When I do:
> su postgres
> postgress -D data

it works great. When I do
> systemctl start postgresql

I get: An old version of the database format was found.

Checking the database version shows it is on 12. So obviously the
systemd unit file seems to point postgres to an unexpected location.

My system file is pointing to a non-standard location according to the
arch wiki:
[Service]
Environment=PGROOT=/pathto/pgroot
PIDFile=/pathto/pgroot/data/postmaster.pid

Anyone else facing the same issue? Any suggestions?