[arch-general] package pages link to github (which is partly broken)

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Mon Oct 19 10:47:23 UTC 2020

On 18/10/2020 17:29, LuKaRo wrote:
> On 7/22/20 9:18 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general wrote:
>> Em julho 22, 2020 14:31 LuKaRo escreveu:
>>> Thanks for clarifying :) Does that mean that gitlab.archlinux.org is
>>> meant to replace git.archlinux.org in the long run, and GitHub will
>>> be just a mirror?
>>>
>>> LuKaRo
>>>

>> Yes, although, things are still not fully defined for everthing. I
>> would say,
>> however, that anything under https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux
>> can be considered
>> the de facto upstream for those projects as of now.
>>
>> It doesn't mean that mirroring always will be done, or that in some
>> instances that the
>> mirroring won't be done in the opposite direction (ie, from gitlab to
>> github). Things are
>> still evolving.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Giancarlo Razzolini
>
> Hi,
>
> I need to pick up this thread once more. Again, I wanted to access an
> older version of a package in the official repositories today. But the
> "view changes" link still points to github. I manually found the
> svntogit/community.git repository under git.archlinux.org. Is
> git.archlinux.org still supposed to be taken down in the near future?

No, the cgit instance will go away in the for see-able future (hopefully
2020). Note that the view changes button works fine? It shows an
overview of commits for me for a package.

> Will the svntogit-repositories move to gitlab until then?

No, as Gitlab isn't able to scale to repository's this size ironically.
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/232072

> Or what will be the local non-commercial mirror for accessing them?

git.archlinux.org as long as it stays alive.