[arch-general] package pages link to github (which is partly broken)

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Mon Oct 19 11:19:33 UTC 2020

On 10/19/20 12:47 PM, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> No, the cgit instance will go away in the for see-able future (hopefully
> 2020). Note that the view changes button works fine? It shows an
> overview of commits for me for a package.
>> Will the svntogit-repositories move to gitlab until then?
> No, as Gitlab isn't able to scale to repository's this size ironically.
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/232072
>
>> Or what will be the local non-commercial mirror for accessing them?
> git.archlinux.org as long as it stays alive.

Hi,

thanks for clarifying! It's a pity that GitLab simply doesn't scale
enough for our big repository. But at least they confirmed the issue and
did some tests, so let's hope this will be fixed in a future version :)

Is it right that when the cgit instance is gone, there be will be no
local HTTP mirror for these repositories anymore? I think it would be a
pity to point all users to GitHub.com, as we would rely on a commercial
software with a doubtful privacy policy then. Is it possible to find a
solution for that?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts,

LuKaRo