[arch-general] clamdscan started to ignore MaxFileSize

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Fri Oct 30 11:58:39 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am using clamdscan to scan smb file server directories:

/usr/bin/clamdscan --multiscan --fdpass /srv/samba/files

I upgraded my over a year old arch yesterday and clamdscan started to fail with messages:

/srv/samba/files/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1804.iso: Can't allocate memory ERROR

I have default setting for MaxFileSize in /etc/clamav/clamd.conf. I also tried to set it explicitly to 30M but it seems that clamd started to ignore this setting after upgrade.

Is it only me or anyone has this problem? Tried to google for solutions without any success so far.

Regards,
Łukasz