[arch-general] Why move LTS to 5.10 when VirtualBox guests Kernel Panic with 5.10?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 17 14:18:50 UTC 2021

Em fevereiro 17, 2021 11:07 Jens John via arch-general escreveu:

> I just would recommend to always add the kernel packages to pacman's IgnorePkg list, and upgrade them only in a strictly controlled way. You can't trust a volunteer project like Arch to take all issues into consideration.

Holding back the kernel can have unintended consequences and it's not a good idea. Of course,
new kernels can have bugs and introduce issues, so, temporarily downgrading and reporting the issue
is encouraged, while, indefinitely holding back kernels, isn't. Instead of holding back kernels, one
should instead build their own needed version.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini