[arch-general] intel gpu hang

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Mon Jan 11 16:40:10 UTC 2021

Ralf Mardorf via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 15:17:08 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >>
> >>If so, then why does it not happen when using 4.19.n kernels, Linux
> >>live media with older kernels or Nomad BSD?
> >
> >I forgot to point out, that the GTK2 issue happens when using Arch
> >Linux, not when using Ubuntu 16.04. A Lubuntu developer experience the
> >same with Ubuntu flavors > 16.04, but not with 16.04.
> >
> >IMO this leads to software regressions, not to a hardware failure.
>
> My apologies for a third reply. If so, why do I get rid of some issues,
> when using GTK3 branches, e.g. migrating from Claws GTK2 to GTK3 or
> from spacefm GTK2 to GTK3, it at least solved issues I experienced
> with those apps?

The nature of, supposedly light, memory failure is that they start with few
memory cells. On the other hand, if I remember correctly, you switched
hardware. Presumably with new, fresh from the facory, memory modules.
Still, if possible, to be on the safe side, I would run a thorough
memtest86+.

--
u34