[arch-general] intel gpu hang

Gustavo De Nardin spuk at denardin.org
Mon Jan 11 01:58:57 UTC 2021

> Hi Everybody,I have a pc with intel gpu and run it on fedora, but intel gpu
> will be hang with fedora kernel. if i will install arch, will my problem be
> solved?

I can't say. But a few (2-4) kernel updates ago I started getting Xorg hangs (could still reboot via alt-sysrq) while watching Youtube videos in Firefox.

Reading the Arch wiki on Intel graphics (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel_Graphics#Installation) I noticed the note about Debian & Ubuntu, Fedora, KDE recommending the modesetting driver instead of the xf86-video-intel one. So I tried the modesetting driver, and have had no more issues so far. So, I suggest trying that (if you're not already using it, being on Fedora). I haven't noticed any performance loss.

t'