[arch-general] On arch-dev-public: Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Ujjwal Sharma ryzokuken at disroot.org
Wed Jan 20 07:19:44 UTC 2021

On 20/01/2021 12.32 pm, Ben Oliver via arch-general wrote:
> I am probably in the rare camp (on this ML anyway) that uses Chromium
> with sync, and needs it for work.
>
> I am fine with using full-fat Chrome for this purpose.

Yeah, I think most people who prefer to use Chromium over Chrome
wouldn't mind losing sync (emphasis on "most").

If nobody picks Chromium up, can I volunteer to help out? While I am not
a TU or member of the packaging team, me and my colleagues at Igalia are
the second-largest contributors to the project [1] and have a lot of
experience dealing with its many quirks.

Cheers,
Ujjwal

[1]:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XTILGQgwOtJSoNWY-X3D7sAKlgP6X1oNUDHfrrVtvTD4w-zYQKRpg-3ulZvE-sRVTcPak7MjbbfMWv-q5tG9pWIv6pVEktuCvIHzIqwnRjBzJc2E9Pexb_RASCVWNJPmtNXoVvr6

--
Ujjwal "Ryzokuken" Sharma (he/him)

Compilers Hacker, Node.js Core Collaborator and Speaker