[arch-general] dracut roll-out plan?

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jan 24 15:15:04 UTC 2021

On 1/24/21 9:51 AM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> I dunno, try it and see? Though my understanding is, dracut is less
> configurable and far more automatic probe-y. Chances are if it detects a
> btrfs filesystem of any sort, it will assume you need to probe for
> multi-device btrfs volumes at boot, and do so without asking or being
> configured.

As an FYI i've been using dracut for just over a year now (when
Giancarlo brought it up on mailing list) and it works flawlessly for me.

I don't use btrfs so cannot comment. As Eli said it is quite
'automatic'. However, for my systems with md raid - i found I needed to
add one option - the options I use are:

	--zstd --early-microcode --mdadmconf

Gene