[arch-general] WINE Networking Issues

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Mon Jan 25 16:45:49 UTC 2021

Am 25.01.21 um 13:49 schrieb John Briggs via arch-general:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:26:26PM +0100, Łukasz Michalski via arch-general wrote:
>> On 1/25/21 11:13 AM, John Briggs via arch-general wrote:
>>> After a system update on 16th Dec 2020 I discovered I had networking
>>> problems when I was using WINE.
>>> I have determined the issue is NOT WINE but something else in the system.
>>> When I do a system downgrade using the Arch Linux Archives for 13th Dec 2020
>>> the networking problems with WINE disappear.
>>> System upgrade to 14th Dec 2020 WINE networking problems appear.
> I usually run the Kindle app. It requires an Internet connection to run correctly.
Hello,

For me it seems to have been the update of ca-certificates-mozilla to
3.60 (14th Dec.) which removed some root certificates.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Additional_Trust_Changes

I tried manually adding some digicert CAs and sub-CAs I found with
wireshark. At first it seemed to work and then suddenly not.
https://cde-ta-g7g.amazon.com/
https://www.digicert.com/kb/digicert-root-certificates.htm

Since then I run kindle with bubblewrap, replacing
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt with the version from the old package.
Not the best, but I haven't found a better solution yet.

--
Andy