[arch-general] archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.conf.5.html from Aug-2019

Lone_Wolf lone_wolf at klaas-de-kat.nl
Thu Jun 3 09:17:23 UTC 2021

On 03-06-2021 10:37, David C. Rankin via arch-general wrote:
> On 6/1/21 6:57 PM, Jonathon Fernyhough via arch-general wrote:
>> On 01/06/2021 23:15, Yash Karandikar via arch-general wrote:
>>> My guess is that they'll update that once pacman 6 hits stable.
>> pacman=6.0.0-2 is already in stable. ;)
>>
> Follow up on my earlier report of jittery output on pacman update. I updated 3
> machines and 2 out of 3 showed the character jumps and newline, the third
> appears normal. Mirror issue?

The new progressbar requires specific escape codes (part of VT100
terminal definition I think) to be supported.

Atleast one terminal emulator (qterminal ) has already been found not to
support those , see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=266831 .

Are those 3 machines using different terminal emulators ?

Lone_Wolf