[arch-general] archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.conf.5.html from Aug-2019

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 17:09:59 UTC 2021

On 6/3/21 4:17 AM, Lone_Wolf via arch-general wrote:
> The new progressbar requires specific escape codes (part of VT100 terminal
> definition I think) to be supported.
>
> Atleast one terminal emulator (qterminal ) has already been found not to
> support those , see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=266831 .
>
> Are those 3 machines using different terminal emulators ?
>
> Lone_Wolf

I did all 3 updates from different tabs in the same konsole (KDE), so the
terminal is VT100 compatible. It really looked like there was a bad ANSI
escape somewhere. It was night/day different than the last time I updated and
I've probably update each of these boxes of 1000 times during the past 10
years or so.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.