[arch-general] USB Access of Nikon D3500 DSLR

Frank frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de
Sat Jun 5 16:08:35 UTC 2021

On 21/06/05 01:35, das via arch-general wrote:
>Dear Friends
>
>When I am connecting my machine to the camera with an USB-micro-USB cable,
>system is showing it all right with 'lsusb':

>Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04b0:0445 Nikon Corp. NIKON DSC D3500
>
>Can you please help me? The filesystem is not showing anything, like it
>does with a thumb-drive or music-player. Do I to install some packages?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>dipankar das
>Kolkata, India

Wihtout knowing your DE/WM and file manager but you might want to check
if installing gvfs-gphoto2 will help.

I use a Canon EOS 5D and usually pull my photos with gphoto2 command
line tool but occasionally access pics on my camera with pcmanfm and the
above mentioned gvfs plugin

Frank
--
Frank Zimmermann