[arch-general] USB Access of Nikon D3500 DSLR

das dipankard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 16:53:33 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 9:38 PM Frank <frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de>
wrote:

> Wihtout knowing your DE/WM and file manager but you might want to check
> if installing gvfs-gphoto2 will help.
>
> I use a Canon EOS 5D and usually pull my photos with gphoto2 command
> line tool but occasionally access pics on my camera with pcmanfm and the
> above mentioned gvfs plugin

Dear Friend

Could not guess the full form of DE, but by WM you mean window manager? If
that, then I am using mate with lightDM you meant that, then I use
mate-dektop with lightdm. And I already have installed gvfs-gphoto2, with
no help. How will my camera get discovered? If I use gdm, will the problem
go away?

Thanking You

dipankar das