[arch-general] USB Access of Nikon D3500 DSLR

das dipankard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:38:19 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM mpan via arch-general <
arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

>    You may need gvfs-gphoto2 for the file manager to see it.
>
>    Photo cameras are usually offering PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) or
> its extension MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), not mass storage. The
> protocols, aside from giving access to photos, may allow controlling the
> camera remotely.

Thank you friends for your trying to help. But none of the suggestions
worked. In fact I had already tried those before writing to the mailing
list. Finally one of my friends (not in mailing list) suggested me to
install 'shotwell' (
https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/shotwell/), and it solved
the problem. After installing 'shotwell', when I made the camera 'on' after
connecting to my PC's USB the camera got mounted and the icon came up on
the Desktop. I reported it here as an information service. Thank you all.

dd