[arch-general] USB Access of Nikon D3500 DSLR

mpan archml-y1vf3axu at mpan.pl
Mon Jun 7 12:35:39 UTC 2021

> Thank you friends for your trying to help. But none of the suggestions
> worked. In fact I had already tried those before writing to the mailing
> list. Finally one of my friends (not in mailing list) suggested me to
> install 'shotwell' (
> https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/shotwell/), and it solved
> the problem. After installing 'shotwell', when I made the camera 'on' after
> connecting to my PC's USB the camera got mounted and the icon came up on
> the Desktop. I reported it here as an information service. Thank you all.
   Shotwell is a pictures browser, unrelated to handling cameras by the
file manager or desktop environment. It seems to be a coincidence caused
by installation of one of the dependencies of the shotwell package.
Therefore the issue is not solved.

   Of all its dependencies the only ones I see, that do relate to photos
access and wouldn’t be installed already on Arch Linux as the base
dependencies, is libgphoto2 and whatever it needs. Which would be
installed as a dependency of gvfs-gphoto2 suggested above.

   1) If you open access to the camera, what is the path
      to its mountpoint? The one displayed by the file manager.
   2) Is this actually Arch Linux? Not “Arch derivative”?