[arch-general] I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or 10 inch touch screen display in June 2021

Kyle kyle at free2.ml
Sun May 9 21:37:56 UTC 2021

According to Ralf Mardorf:
> Unfortunately "You may not want to use Arch, if:
> you require support for an architecture other than x86_64."

But ArchLinuxARM[1] supports this machine quite well, and although it
doesn't include everything available in x86_64 Arch Linux, it does
include probably >99% of the available packages. I use it here on my
primary machine, which is an Odroid N2, something a little harder to
find than a Raspberry Pi 4, but it only has 4GB of RAM, and costs a bit
more. It does have 6 processor cores instead of 4, and the eMMC support
makes it run a good deal faster as well.

[1]: https://archlinuxarm.org/

~Kyle