[arch-general] Fwd: A plea for communication from Arch devs & maintainers

Vasi Vilvoiu vasi.vilvoiu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:18:55 UTC 2021

While I don't think the problem is _as_ dramatic as you're making it to
be, there is definitely a reduction in activity for a time now. Even if
you compare the archives of arch-general this year vs 2019 you can see
an importand drop in the number of messages. Why this happened I don't
know and I'd rather not make any assumptions, but I'd hate to see Arch
lose momentum. I'm personally already looking for sponsors for my TU
application.

The GCC issue has been raised a few times, on the BBS and here, once by
myself a few days ago. However keep in mind that gcc is in core so you
could have all the TUs in the world, they wouldn't be able to do
anything. But yes, it would be nice to know what kind of difficulties
the devs are facing, technical or otherwise, and see if we can pitch in.

Best regards,
Vasi Vilvoiu