[arch-general] NEW RECORD! 769 packages out of date

Matt Madness mattmadness at 420blaze.it
Wed Nov 3 00:50:09 UTC 2021

The nature of Arch Linux is to be bleeding edge, however, a little out
of date ness can be healthy as it can provide some much needed stability.

I suppose the supposed problem of instability of a bleeding edge rolling
release distro is solved when there's so many packages not being updated.

Many packages on that list have been marked out of date not long ago
(less than a week for some). It may also be me, but some of the packages
appear to have been updated after the flag date, for example nageru
https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/nageru/ . What removes a
package flag at that point?

What's really important is that the security updates get in.

I also think your query includes testing packages, which only affect a
small portion of Arch Users.

Some notable packages that are out of date:

  * audacity (this might be justified)
  * playonlinux
  * libnet
  * ttf-opensans